Key Person Protection
Virtually every business will guard against the loss of material assets such as buildings and contents, even work in progress. Yet many do not protect against the death or serious illness of personnel who may be vital to the success of the business.
In almost any business, there’ll be a few people who make a major contribution to the company’s profitability. People whose skills, experience or expertise would make them difficult to replace. Often, their value will be reflected in their remuneration package: a good indicator if you’re trying to identify the key people in your business. They include managing directors, technology specialists, sales managers and other individuals with specialist skills.
Key person protection (also known as key man insurance or key person insurance) protects the people and the business you value. It provides a range of solutions to help your business continue as smoothly as possible during times of great stress and financial hardship.
The scheme is designed to pay out a sum on the death or serious ill health of the insured key person, during the length of the policy. It is paid as a lump sum and could significantly help the business to recover. The proceeds can be used to help replace lost profit or the cost of finding and hiring or training a replacement.
- Recruitment cost cover for the cost of recruitment of key employees and losses caused by business interruption
- Tailored employee cover with the option to tailor your cover for individual employees to meet your business needs and budget
- Business continuity cover providing financial support for your business and retention of your credit rating during times of staff transition
Benefits to shareholders
- Supports your business financially
- Creates a positive perception in the marketplace as a forward-thinking employer
- Maintains customer and staff confidence
- We will quickly establish a holistic understanding of your business and its culture.
- We will offer impartial advice on your group benefits strategy, to outline our intentions and abilities and to allow you the time to take on board all considerations.
- We will work only with trusted providers and partners.
- We will communicate with regular feedback and information on performance.